Thursday, June 12, 2008

spic and span

I have been cleaning my house for the better part of the last twelve hours.


And ignoring the fact that it still isn't done, I feel pretty good about it. I moved around a bunch of stuff, got rid of a pile of crap I've never liked and just generally puttered around. My mom left her super duper vacuum here and I put that baby to good use. You can take paint off the walls with that thing. (Or clean up after three heavily shedding dogs).


What prompted this? you may ask. This doesn't sound like my "put my feet up and stuff my face with popcorn while I read a book in one sitting" plan, I know.


But I wasn't counting on the absolutely out of the blue phone call from a friend asking if she could bring someone over to look at our house. Someone who is apparently very interested in buying it. Sight unseen. Someone I've never even met.


They're coming today. Cross your fingers. Please.


Did I mention that little bungalow around the corner is back on the market after the sale fell through?

20 comments:

Susan said...

Go RC! Things are looking up already!

Rudee said...

I've got everything crossed.

the planet of janet said...

it's all crossed for you, hon.

good luck!

Carolyn said...

Eeeeeeeeek!! Fingers, toes, knees, whatever. They're all crossed for you. Let us know how it all works out...

Maggie May said...

Crossing everything that I can reach! Good Luck!

ped crossing said...

May my current streak of bad luck and life crap be balanced by your good luck and things going your way!

-Ann said...

Good luck!

Jo Beaufoix said...

I'm joining the everything crossed gang RC.

Sandy said...

count me in as another member of the everything crossed club! and what kind of vacuum is that??????

laurie said...

hmmmmmmmm

Marti said...

I will keep everything crossed as well, RC! Good luck!

Hugs,
Marti

flyingmonkey said...

Cleaning int hat pink dress, what a babe!!! Coffee monday am so we can catch up on the scoop. Missed you at Bunco, but I will tell you more later.

flyingmonkey said...

Cleaning int hat pink dress, what a babe!!! Coffee monday am so we can catch up on the scoop. Missed you at Bunco, but I will tell you more later.

Kaytabug said...

!!!! Talk about if it's meant to be it's meant to be!!!I've got it all crossed for you!!

Kim said...

Hoping for the best possible outcome for you and the boys!

Happy in the Abyss said...

Good God Damn! I am dizzy from keeping my eyes crossed...as well as my legs!!!

THE BEST OF LUCK....TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS!!!!

Rose said...

Best wishes coming your way!!

Anonymous said...

As a friend of mine always says, there are no accidents.

I hope things go the way you hope. Although, it seems bitter sweet, with the way you love that house.

BUT, sounds cliche, but a home is really the people who live in it. I know no matter what house you live in, you and the boys (and the dogs) will be happy and full of love (and adventures)!
XOXOX

Anonymous said...

As a friend of mine always says, there are no accidents.

I hope things go the way you hope. Although, it seems bitter sweet, with the way you love that house.

BUT, sounds cliche, but a home is really the people who live in it. I know no matter what house you live in, you and the boys (and the dogs) will be happy and full of love (and adventures)!
XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog
advertizing. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if
you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Jules Viernes
BestRank.com