Wednesday, August 20, 2008

postus interruptus

Man, the first week of school is tough. I had the day "off", so to speak, but it sure didn't feel like it. I played all kinds of catch-up, went to my second parent's meeting at school, and just now, at midnight, have rolled in the door from Bunco. (And without a speck of the traditional Bunco buzz, I might add).


So this is my post for tonight. Sorry it sucks, but that alarm clock is going to ring really early tomorrow morning.


I don't really have to get up in five hours, do I?

5 comments:

ped crossing said...

I loathe alarm clocks. Cruel and unusual punishment. Mornings in general should be abolished.

Here's hoping that the RC household finds its rhythm quickly.

Jen said...

Looking at the clock will cause nothing but despair. As a nursing mother, with a husband who gets up at three a.m. and a child who must catch her bus at 6:45, trust me, the clock bring nothing but despair.

-Ann said...

I feel your pain. The next three weeks are going to be manic for me because we're preparing for the county football championships. Practise sessions three times a week and I don't get home until close to 10pm. Then I'm all wired but exhausted and can't sleep. So I look at the clock thinking "If I can fall asleep in the next 10 minutes, then I can sleep for 4 hours. That's pretty good, right?"

Hooray for power naps is all I can say.

Devon said...

I am right there with you and the whole first week of school. It is chaos on hormones! This is my kids first week back and today is my baby's 9th b-day. Which means baking for the entire class because I am the anal martha stewart type... or was and haven't been able to quite stop all of my neurotic habits.

This too shall pass, and then you will miss it... right?

Rose said...

Yeah, I go back to school on Monday and I'm dreading it! Too soon, too soon!