Monday, September 1, 2008

landfall


I've been sitting here trying to think of something interesting to say for a while now. We've had a very nice, although busy, weekend so far - and one day still to go. It's been a bit since I've had the same three day weekend as the kids, and it's been really lovely. I've always liked Labor Day. Fall is my favorite season, always the promise of new beginnings and fresh starts. Labor Day to me is like New Years to most people.


For the most part everything is calm (or as calm as things get around here, anyway), but I keep compulsively clicking away from Blogger to the news sites as Hurricane Gustav gets closer and closer to the Gulf states. And all I can think is


Jesus.

9 comments:

kitten said...

Yea, it looks like we may get pretty hard on this one. Last week's storm gave us a lot of rain we don't normally get this time of year. This one looks like it will give us more than rain.
Jesus is right!

Altaglow said...

I can only hope that if Gustav hits as hard as Katrina that our government will be more prepared to help this time.

-Ann said...

I've been doing the same thing - compulsively checking on the storm. It looks horrible.

Maggie May said...

Really terrible for anyone in it's tracks. Maybe Jesus is the one to turn to! Let's hope the evacuation is successful this time.
Glad you have enjoyed your three days of "rest".....

laurie said...

it wasn't katrina; it was the levees. remember?

katrina didn't do that much damage to new orleans. it was the post-katrina flooding that did it.

so here's hoping the levees hold.

Devon said...

So glad you are having this three day weekend with your boys. My hubby is at the front end of a four day(96 hour) shift at work. Son is at a sleepover and yes I know the parents... the dad is a police detective.

It looks like the hurricane will be less severe than anticipated. That is good news, but it seems like everyone prepared a bit more than with Katrina.

DogLover said...

Is Jesus the next hurricane?

Anonymous said...

I know, I can't stop thinking about those poor people and the fear of re-living those nightmares. I pray it is not as bad as they are saying and I pray our Government has a better plan in place.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

He walked on water...