Saturday, May 9, 2009

it's about time


Surfer Dude woke up this morning feeling fine, with not a hint of a puke bucket in his future. Woo hoo. It was a big relief for a lot of reasons, believe me. Just one more thing around here that has really started to look up in the last week or so.


My sense of calm and optimism has returned in spades as more fascinating pieces of life fall into place. Even a big "curve ball" that is about to be thrown at me is no real curve ball at all. I'm well aware of what is about to happen. Would it be wrong to say that I'm actually enjoying the thought of watching evolution in action? Firsthand? I've been the bug for the last couple of months, but in the last few days I've morphed into the windshield. It's a nice change. Amazing what clear karma can produce if you just give it a chance.


What do you mean I'm talking in riddles? What else did you expect during a three in a row stretch at work?


Well?

11 comments:

Maggie May said...

Glad you are calm and that you have morphed into a windshield!
Glad that all's well with the world!

lebanesa said...

Good spirit. So glad to hear you sounding up about things and glad that boy wasn't sick.

Anonymous said...

So glad the barf bucket was empty! I think my new mantra for the week will be "Be a windshield," as it is so much better than being the bug!

Karma can be a very good thing, if we let it play itself out.

Happy Mother's Day! Have a very happy weekend.
XXXXX

Thumbelina said...

Well if your sense of calm and optimism has returned, then I don't care if you talk in riddles!

Although I am curious for a plain speaking translation. :)

Akelamalu said...

Karma comes around eventually, glad it's on your side at last.

Iota said...

Bug? Windshield? You've lost me.

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Glad to hear Surfer Dude is well and things are looking up. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. I agree with Thumbelina, English Please.

Mimi said...

I'm really glad he wasn't sick, you deserved that break.
We've had a week of sickness chez-moi, washing machine never stopped. Good luck with the 3-in-a-row!mimi

Irene said...

From now on, I'm the windshield. Thanks for that figure of speech. I like it very much.

LFG said...

... but being a bug sledge hammer will squish that karma. :)

lebanesa said...

nice one from LFG.
True, Rotten, concentrate on your own happiness - don't let it get soured - sometimes gloating can leave us feeling nasty about ourselves.