Wednesday, July 11, 2007

meatloaf wednesday

I have a lot of odds and ends today, so let's call today a meatloaf day. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. I'm having a bit of a mental health day today, since tomorrow is the start of a long work run for me - three twelve hour shifts in four days. I'm already, at ten in the morning, in emotional prep mode. So don't expect anything fabulous today, okay? 'Kay. As long as we're on the same page.



10 days. And the countdown to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows hits fever pitch. All the PR machines are clearly working over-time since you can't go anywhere without Harry in your face. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm just not sure it's even needed. This thing has a life all its own. I'm 400+ pages into Half Blood Prince, so I'm right on target. I've been having Hogwarts dreams for a week. Bingo.


We have advance tickets for Order of the Phoenix today. Our local theater is only having four showings on one screen, so I'm sure my mom stock will go up when we get there, tickets in hand, and sail through the ticketless masses. The Gooey Butter Cake didn't hurt my stock either, come to think of it. It's nice to be on a winnning run for a change. Won't last long...must enjoy now.



I'm kicking around ideas for the Thursday Three tomorrow and am taking suggestions. Anyone have any thoughts? Slide 'em this way. The more off kilter the better. *smirk*



We're still waiting for definitive news on our friend Maggie. It was definitely cancer, in both ovaries. The lymph node pathology is due today. Please think good thoughts. We hear she's being feisty and giving the hospital staff what for, so that's encouraging. This may surprise you, but in certain patients them giving me hell makes me very happy. It indicates a certain level of energy that can be a real relief. It's usually the limp ones that worry me the most. The nasty ones don't worry me. They just tick me off.

Go forth and enjoy your Wednesday!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Off kilter, eh? Three favorite nicknames comes to mind, three books you can't live without, three personal grooming accessories? Meh, maybe not the last one.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for Maggie, and for you, too, as you head off into those longs shifts.

Happy in the Abyss said...

Well, if you gave you my 3 I would have nothing to write about tomorrow.

Enjoy Harry Potter...we are going on Friday.

Jo Beaufoix said...

I see Yacky got in there first Maam.

Must be those roosters.

Hmmm, Thursday three, Three favourite items of clothing you ever owned, three things you wish you'd invented, three funniest things you ever overheard?

Hmmm, if you don't do the last one I might claim it back...

Keeping maggie and all of you in my thoughts sweetie. And I get what you mean about fiesty patients being good.
Take care.