Monday, May 14, 2007

goin' to the dog wash

For Mother's Day all our dogs got baths. Don't ask me the connection, because I don't know. It was a gorgeous day though, and it was a lot of fun having all of us outside together doing it. The rest of the day was lovely too. I got breakfast in bed - peach mango waffles ( Surfer Dude watches too much "Throwdown with Bobby Flay"), orange juice, coffee and banana chocolate bread on a tray with freshly picked flowers. There was also a homemade card with Gumby's poetry that he didn't want his brothers to see because it was "too mushy". (Wasn't too mushy for me.) The Film Geek coordinated it all behind the scenes whilst cooking waffles. Sasquatch brought me the newspaper to read and gave me a big hug. Life was good. We hung out all day and for dinner walked to a local pizza place where I had a huge slice of feta and red onion pizza and the biggest dark ale they had. I love Mother's Day.

The dogs, on the other hand, not so much... First up was the Diva.



I bet Jennifer Lopez doesn't have to put up with this crap.





Take that, all you would be stylists.





Are you looking at me?





I didn't think so.





On the other hand, I could get used to this.





I'm a Lab, I'm cool with the whole water thing.



Psst, buddy, run while you can...trust me on this.




Wait a minute, you're gonna do what?



Oh my god, that's what I thought you said.





To punish us they all came in the house and laid on the furniture. Score - dogs 3, us 0.



No comments: