Sunday, September 23, 2007

the gabbies, part something


Can I say first that awards are fabulous and the more the merrier you people are all far too kind and generous with these lovely awards. And that I absolutely don't deserve them. (That's not even a strike out). Thank you from the bottom of my rotten little heart.


The first, Blogging That hits the mark!, is from Ciara at Ramblings and Whatnot. I guess if the mark is something squishy hitting a fan, I'm your gal. Thanks, Ciara!

I'm passing this along to:

Jen at A Snowball's Chance...
Jo Beaufoix
Mya at Missing You Already
wakeupandsmellthecoffee




An Apple for Teacher Blog Award is from Irene at
Sweet Wood Talking. Here is the description of this one -

"It is for those people who spend so much time and energy teaching us how to do things on blogs, encouraging us, enabling us, instructing us and enthusing us."

Wow. Do I do that? Thanks, Irene!

This one goes to:

Dumdad at The Other Side of Paris
Akelamalu at Everything and Nothing
pixelpi at Motes & other small things
Eileen at A Life of Triggers




Lastly, from Flowerpot at Flowerpot Days, comes the gender neutral Awesome Dude Blogger award. Every time I look in a mirror lately I think there's a Dude looking back at me, so I think this is quite appropriate. Thanks, Flowerpot!

Step up, Dudes and Dudettes:

Ciara at Ramblings and Whatnot
Diana at Piffle
Amy at Blog to the Bone
Irene at Sweet Wood Talking



And, as mentioned earlier this week, from Jo Beaufoix comes the Blogging Star Award. Thanks again, Jo!

And the winners are:

laurie at Three Dog Blog
Kaycie at lost in the Bible Belt
Crystal Jigsaw
Flowerpot at Flowerpot Days


I do apologize for the lackluster Gabby Awards Presentation this time around. The dance numbers were out of step, the presenters forgot their lines and the jokes fell flat. This has been an unexpected burner of a last few days and I'm running a quart low about now. I've also been very lax in my blog reading and commenting the last little bit, but don't give up on me. I'm going to get a good nights sleep and attack the keyboard with a vengeance tomorrow!

15 comments:

Irene said...

Thank you RC, what a wonderful surprise to start my day with. I am truly humbled to get this award and will treat it with all the spit an polish it deserves! It is way up there in good awards to get as far as I am concerned. I will pass it on, of course, and will think of someone appropriate to give it to. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

la bellina mammina said...

WOW! CONGRATS RC!! You deserve every one of those awards!;-)

Dumdad said...

Cool! Many thanks for honouring me with the Apple award.

Mya said...

RC THANKS!
You're a trooper - I shall be displaying this lovely award forthwith. Hope you get the rest you sound like you need.
Mya x

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ooo I love squishy stuff...as long as I don't have top clean it up.

Thank you dear RC, and look at you with all the bling. See how much we all love you?

Hooray.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hee hee RC come over to mine for some bloggy bling.

Jen said...

My goodness, RC, you're going to have to put an addition onto your sidebar to house all of that! And of course, you deserve every single one of those.

And I get a splat award! How cool!

Amy said...

I'd like to thank the Academy and my parents and my husband and kids, and most of all, The Rotten Correspondent for this most totally awesome Awesome Dude Award. Dude, I am, like, so stoked, and I totally megaswear this award will be well hung (Dude!) in my temple of extreme gloriousness. Excellent!

Anonymous said...

First, Congratulations to you RC, you do deserve each and everyone of those awards...and more. Your blog has been such a gift to me...and so many others.
Secondly, many, many thanks for the apple award. Very cool! It made my morning! Cheers,(lifting my coffee cup up to you). Have a restful Sunday.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Well, I am honoured! This is a cure for a cold any day. Just got back from Manchester and have two days catching up to do. A very nice welcome home for me, if I may say so!

And of course, congratulations on all your awards. Very well deserved. You have a great blog and a very enjoyable read. Keep up the great work.

Thanks again, Crystal xx

Flowerpot said...

thanks so much for the blogging star award, corresopndent - how very very kind adn thoughtful o fyou!

Akelamalu said...

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS Correspondent on all your awards you deserve each and every one!

Thankyou for the Apple award I'm truly honoured my friend. x

Pam said...

congrats on your awards and thx for mine! i always enjoy your posts and you totally deserve all your many awards.

your outfit on the gabby red carpet was tres chic even if the award show itself will not be the hottest topic at tonight's dinner conversation. : )

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Thank you, RC. I'm truly touched. And congrats on all your well-deserved awards as well.

Diana said...

Thank you, once again! You made my day (and it sorely needed making).