Wednesday, September 26, 2007

this blog was brought to you by a technical glitch

Well, this is going to be a short one today.

Why?

Well, first off (and surely I'm not the only one to notice this) Blogger decided to go walkabout last night and I sat here for a solid hour not even being able to log on. At midnight I said Buck It, and I went to bed. This is the first time in forever that I haven't posted before I went to sleep and it made me twitchy. I just love waking up to all those fab comments already there.

Why?

I just do, okay? So here I am at zero dark thirty, which is not, take my word for it, my shining hour, trying to say something that isn't gibberish.

How about a Surfer Dude story?

Last week we were in the car and the subject came up of boy-girl couples. Evidently in Gumby's sixth grade class there are already two boyfriend-girlfriend types pairings. I asked if either one of them had an interest in that and (thank you!) got two wrinkled noses and derisive snorts in return.

I was teasing them and I said something about girls liking boyfriends and they said "MOM! You're married, you can't have boyfriends. It's against the rules."

And then Surfer Dude, after mulling it over a second slowly said, "Although, Dad does travel a lot."

14 comments:

Mya said...

Kids! Where do they pick this stuff up from?

Go and grab a very strong cup of coffee now to wake yourself up.

Mya x

Amy said...

For all the wonderful things computers can do, they are really very stupid.

I wonder how I'll be when my kid brings home a boyfriend. Eek.

Dad travels a lot. Ha!

Diana said...

Comments: They're like the notes you passed in the halls (and behind your desk) at school. Little bits of sunshine in any day. You'd think that'd make me post more.

Jen said...

LOL, "dark-thirty" may not be your shining hour, but that was an amusing story.

I'm thankfully a long way off from "boyfriends" in our house. Althought, TFYO already has a group of male friends at school whom she refers to as "My Boys".

And we all love comments. It's a marvelous stroke to the ego to think anyone wants to read what we write. Or maybe that's just me.

Susan said...

Dad may travel a lot, but I think the last thing you need in your life is another boy! I checked a couple of times last night and wondered why there wasn't a new post. Glad you were back this morning.

Pam said...

out of the mouth of babes, eh? lol

yes, i was surprised that you hadn't posted while i was up until 3:30 a.m. this morn. curse that blogger! and you're right...comments are cool to come back to :)

ped crossing said...

We must have early bloomers here in the west since my sweetP already has girls trying to kiss him. He is six. Yikes, I'm in trouble. And I was relieved when he said "yuck!"

I agree bedtime blogging is easier!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Gah! That's so hilarious and disturbing all at once!

I've become a post before bedder as well. Loooove that wake up to comments feeling. Sorry blogger was messin' with ya!

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Three years ago my daughter got really interested in boys. I promised her a puppy if she didn't have any boyfriends till the end of the school year. And here we are three years on, and still no boyfriends. That girl really wants a dog.

Anonymous said...

The innocence of youth isn't quite so innocent is it!

Crystal xx

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, It' difficult to find fault with his logic...

la bellina mammina said...

Just like what my boys would say... and I love his come back comment ;-)

Akelamalu said...

What on earth goes on in their minds we ask ourself? Does that mean you've got permission then?

Jo Beaufoix said...

RC that is pricless.

I bet it made film geek howl as well.

Hee hee.