Saturday, September 8, 2007

The RC 411

NerdTests.com says I'm a Cool Non-Nerd.  What are you?  Click here!

Not only did I want to be a nerd, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am. I prefer "geek" if you don't mind. I demand a recount. Just because I don't know every word to every Star Trek episode is no reason to make snap judgments. That's why I keep my husband around.
You know, my comic book collecting, scratch model building, science fiction spouting Film Geek husband? Doesn't marrying one count for anything these days?


On the other hand, I'm beyond thrilled to say that we've picked up quite a lot of new readers lately to this little ol' blog. From experience I know how hard it can be to get the backstory from the archives, and sometimes you really need to know what the heck the story is. Or was before you started reading.


So...because I'm really lazy at heart, and assume everyone else is too, I've put together a little 411, so you can pick and choose what you want to read. It's a crash correspondent course. Get it? Heh. (Note to self - more coffee before blogging). And if you don't care in the slightest... go forth and have a great weekend!


If you are interested...welcome to my world.


This is my family.

This is the day that started the whole thing.

Here are the furry kids. And pictures, too.

This is the sort of crap that happens around here on a regular basis. And this.

This is the sort of crap I do when I want to think no one is watching.

Here is my Rising Blogger post.

Meet my mom.

And this is the sort of crap that happens at work. And this. And this. And this.

Now...

aren't you sorry you asked?

19 comments:

Pam said...

r.c.-it was great to be able to read the posts w the links. lol @ girl drama. yes, with girls there will ALWAYS be drama. but i've raised both boy and girls, and I wouldn't trade a moment of it. and wow! 20 years married. heck, i'm only on year 3 of my SECOND marriage. lol there are times where i honestly believe i'm not meant for marriage lol btw, i really love the introduction to your family :)

Sally Townsend said...

Great, I've found you ! I'll be back for more soon.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Oh goodness another assylum escapee I am so glad I found you!!!I too am a 20 years of marriage veteran, sighs deeply ! I shall be back.Am I a nerd? Well not sure I fit into any box, certainly my alter ego is a bit strange!

Akelamalu said...

What a great idea RC!

Jen said...

Ah, hah! What to post when you don't have anything to post? The same thing we do in radio when you need to take vacation and there's no one to fill in for your morning show. You run a "best-of". A pre-recorded collection of your greatest hits.

Actually, it's a brilliant idea, and I'm sorry I didn't think of it myself. Why am I not as smart as you RC? LOL

code:sgvjw It sounds vaguely Russian, perhaps. Da, it does.

Flowerpot said...

very good correspondent!

Amy said...

Excellent 411. Thanks for the abridged version of your blog. And for the nerd test.

Kim said...

I'm beginning to regret posting my nerd score on my blog . . . I am starting to look like a completely dorky nerd next to everyone else's scores.

I am short on time, but I can't wait to come back with some wine and popcorn to read up on you, RC.

Dumdad said...

Memories are made of this....

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ooo I loved this RC.
I haven't read some of these so it was fab to go back.
I love the one to your mum, but I didn't comment cos it would have felt like I was invading a private moment in a weird way.
She sounds amazing.
I will do the nerd test now.
I think I'm pretty nerdy but I'll let you know.
Love you loads.

sjunpecv - sounds like a Japanese body builder

laurie said...

see, i never thought geek and nerd were interchangeable terms. i'm definitely not a geek--no science, no math, no pocket protector. but nerd? i read a lot. i'm boring. i wear glasses.

i took that survey and it said i ain't no nerd. but i think it's wrong; i ain't no geek.

(and only a true nerd would bother to make that distinction.)

Jo Beaufoix said...

RC I am Apparently a 'Dorky Light-Weight Nerd'.
I can live with that.
:-)

Amy said...

At least you're cool. I'm "kinda dorky," as though I needed to see it in print to know.

the rotten correspondent said...

ciara - believe me, there are times I think I'm not meant for marriage, either!

sally's chateau - welcome! I'm glad you've found me and I hope you come back soon!

un peu loufoque - welcome to you too! I'm not entirely sure I've escaped the asylum though. Some days I'm sure I'm still in it!

akelamalu - thanks. I hope your dad is doing better.

jen- moi? recycle? I would love to read your 411. Hint. Re the smart question - don't make me laugh. (Are smart and lazy interchangeable??)

flowerpot - sorry I couldn't work any of Himself's words in here!

amy - thanks. I was made for abridgement.

kaycie - you need to take a deep breath about that nerd score. In through the nose and out through the mouth. We're all nerds. You just have the card to prove it.

dumdad - some good, some...not so good.

jo - thanks for all your comments on the posts. I'll scratch Trixie's belly for you. She'll like that.

laurie - okay, I'll bite. What IS the difference between a geek and a nerd? Now I need to know.

jo - dorky light weight nerd? heh.


amy - can I tell you that I've never been called cool in my entire life. There's something seriously wrong with that test.

Pam said...

i was a dorky non-nerd..whatever THAT'S spose to mean lol btw..i've been called 'cool' once in my life by my son who said i'm not like his friends' moms. i'll prob NEVER hear that compliment again lol

Diana said...

Excellent! The RC primer for dummies (like me).

Susan said...

I was an uber-cool non-nerd. The fifteen year old girl was non-nerd. There you have it.

willowtree said...

Cheer up, we can't all be Cool Light Weight Nerds.

As for the distinction between nerd and geek; nerd is more to do with intelligence and fields of interest, whereas geek relates more to towards appearance and general demeanour.

A nerd can be either cool or geeky, whereas a geek can be a nerd but could never be cool.

Akelamalu said...

PS You have an award m'dear please pop by to collect it. :)