Wednesday, September 19, 2007

wanna be a Blog Star?

The always fabulous (if slightly confused) Jo Beaufoix has passed on a lovely award, the Blogging Star, that I will now be sure to lovingly spit polish and trot out to show company. I'm pretty sure she entered my name by mistake, which is why I'm posting this immediately, so she can't claim user error and revoke my star. No takebacks, Jo!

Tsk. Even my children know that. Well, at least one of them does.



My dress with the industrial strength girdle is at the cleaners, so we'll do The Gabby Awards as soon as it's safely back. Sweet Irene has also very nicely (did you think I was going to say sweetly? tsk again.) passed an award my way and that will be presented at the same time. Thanks ladies, you're the best!



Hang on a sec. I've just had a thought. (Typically, this is where my troubles begin). Now, this may be a U.S. thing at the moment, but I can't seem to go more than three blocks in my car without hearing "Rockstar" by Nickelback on the radio. Even more annoyingly, it's settled into my brain as an aggravating little earworm that I can't get rid of. Consequently, I've had this dumbbutt song running unasked through my head for weeks, which may explain a lot but doesn't offer me much comfort.


If you've been lucky enough to avoid it, by all means don't watch this video clip.

Rockstar

[via FoxyTunes / Nickelback]


So, in honor of the Blogging Star award, I present...

Blogstar

'Cause we all just wanna be big Blog stars
And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
The links come easy and the ads come cheap
We'll all be happy 'cause we're big Blog geeks

And we'll hang out in a social whirl
Counting up our page visits and referrals
Every brand new reader
With time to spare
Is gonna stop to comment
And show they care

And we'll hide out in our private rooms
With the latest dictionary
and today's who's who
And they'll mention us along with Ree
And if we're really lucky Willowtree

Everybody's got a Site Meter
On speed dial

Hey hey I wanna be a Blog Star
Hey hey I wanna be a Blog Star



Whaddya think? Should I start losing weight for the Grammy's now? Or should I hold off?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Congrats on the award, and well done on the lyrics.

Pam said...

congrats on being a blogstar...and speaking of awards, stop by my place to pick up another :)

i will pass on the video...i HATE that song lol and did you notice how every nickelback song sounds alike?? then when you change the station the same damn song is playing on the next....grrr

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh, I'm so glad I don't listen to the radio! Not much of a sacrifice since we only get two stations up here and one is talk radio. Oi!

You are so creative! Loved the lyrics!

Jen said...

Oh, that's just so awesome. We play that song five or six times a day, and it's driving me mad. I thought it was amusing the first time I heard it. Now it makes me scream.

However, now I have new lyrics to sing to it, and it should drive my program director nuts. I love you for this.

Flowerpot said...

wonderful and congratulations on your award - what a star you are!

Mya said...

I suspect I am fortunate in not being able to hear/play that video clip, by virtue of crapinternet chez moi. It's just a feeling, a hunch maybe...but I'd say don't start that Grammy diet just yet...

Mya x

laurie said...

good job and no way am i clicking on that video. no way.

Lo Kelween said...

congrats on your award. just read through your posts. :)
have a nice day! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on the lyrics, and congrats on the award.
My husband is a music freak (he dj's local parties) and he always is making up his own lyrics to songs. I will pass this one on to him.

Kim said...

Congratulations!

www.ayewonder.com said...

That was terrific. And I don't know how I have missed that tune.

the rotten correspondent said...

willowtree - I thought you might like the lyrics...

ciara - this song is frickin' killing me. I cannot get it out of my head,which explains why, when I saw Blogging Star, my brain sang Rockstar. I'm with you - I don't even like Nickelback in the first place. Make it stop!!

kimberly - I only listen to the radio in my car, but I may stop after this. Seriously. I'm developing a twitch.

jen- use it any way you can to get through having to play it. Do you get songs stuck in your head a lot? I would think you would in your field. Sing away!

flowerpot - thanks. I think jo needs more sleep myself.

mya - no Grammy for moi? merde! (And your instinct is right. Do.Not.Touch. That. Button.)

laurie - you're a wise woman. run while you can.

elween - welcome! thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog.

auntie barbie - I like to mess with song lyrics, too. Unfortunately, these song lyrics are messing with me.

kaycie - thanks, sweetie. I think we need a plan of attack for cre8Buzz, don't you??

grandview wordpress - welcome! and thanks for stopping in. have you never heard the song before? it's in heavy duty saturation mode in our area - everywhere you go, there it is. enough is enough!

Amy said...

Ah, this spoke to me. Cracked lyrics are a popular diversion at my house. Kayleigh did her first one at age 2, and it was such a proud moment for me. It was good, too. It was especially pleasing since it was a song she learned on Barney.

Dumdad said...

Congrats on your award.

I agree with Ciara about every Nickelback song sounding the same. I loved their first hit How Your Remind Me and even bought their album. More fool me.

pursegirl said...

Thanks so much for getting that back into my head. It's bad enough I have to hear it all the time out of my daughter's room! Nice adaptation of the lyrics- I say plan for Grammy's and I'll be your date. :)

Anonymous said...

Yet another award. Well done, congrats and all that jazz.

You are very much a blogging star.

Crystal xx

Jo Beaufoix said...

RC o course I meant you to have it young lady.

You are a star.

And the lyrics, I love.

The song, which I just heard for the first time, I am not so fond of.

It sounds like he's been gargling with razor blades.

Enjoy your awards sweetie.
You deserve them.

I do need more sleep though.