Monday, March 3, 2008

Fun Monday

Janet, from the planet of Janet, is our Fun Monday hostess this week and here is our assignment.


Hollywood has come calling. They want to make a movie of your life story!


So here's what I want to read about: Write the brief synopsis of this film that you might use to pitch this project and cast the principal players. Who would play you? You can either cast or ignore significant others, children and/or pets. This is, after all, YOUR movie about you you YOU! Illustrate as needed with casting photos or filming locations. Your life not interesting enough? Hey, this is Hollywood. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!



Okay. Here's my pitch:


Our heroine is a woman at a crossroads in her life. She's not in the first bloom of youth, but she's still got a lot of good years on her. She's not beautiful, but not ugly. Not an intellectual, but not stupid. She has spent the last several years of her life on a voyage of self-discovery, and has realized, to her astonishment, that she's a pretty tough cookie. She hides this Steel Magnolias interior under a self-deprecating wit and potty mouth, which she sometimes fears is out of control. (The potty mouth, not the wit).


Our movie opens with the plot device designed to test our heroine's limits and challenge her life as she knows it thus far. Which path will she take? Will she choose this path herself or will it be chosen for her? Will she find her happily ever after? And if she does - how?


Because Hollywood hates originality, we can compare this to...


War of the Roses...without the fighting.

Heartburn...without the infidelity. Or pregnancy.

Alien...without that nasty thing popping out of her stomach.


Casting could go in many different directions, depending on budget.


So. You interested?

31 comments:

Kim said...

I'm interested. Very interested.

the mother of this lot said...

When does it open? I can see the queue now - millions of women, all thinking 'This is my life....!'

Faye said...

Well since I "virtually" know the probable director/leading actress I think this movie is going to have a very satisfying ending--although totally unexpected.

Beth said...

I promise to see it more than once and to take Kleenex and Junior Mints. Can't wait for the grand opening. If there's a red carpet, can walk down it in my most glamorous outfit?

Gattina said...

Sounds like a very nice mouvie ! You could just add some CSI (bloody) sceneries, lol !

Joy T. said...

I didn't play this week because I couldn't think of a darn thing, but I sure am enjoying reading everyone!

Flowerpot said...

So who would play you, RC?

Jen said...

I'd buy a ticket to see that, and I haven't been out to see a movie since the first Lord of the Rings movie came out!

Hootin Anni said...

Well, the only thing I could do to be called in for a reading for this movie of yours is the potty mouth. That I can do. And I can do it well.

Hurry on over, my fantasy flick is beginning right now, and you don't want to miss the opening scene!!

Celeste said...

Aaaahhh, souds like there is potential. This week, I was brain-sapped....couldn't come up with a thing. I agree with the CSI thing...RN turned investigator...collecting body fluids in the ER? Hmmmm...oh, yeah, that's right: you collect body fluids in the ER all the time! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

So original RC. I'm interested enough to want to hear the rest!

Susan said...

I'm interested.

Sandy said...

I would definitely buy a ticket!

Amy said...

Starring Lena Headey (sorry, Laurie) and Hugh Grant!

There better be compelling paths and awesome sex or I fear a Lifetime option starring Nancy McKeon and Patrick Duffy.

Anonymous said...

Nice job...you're leaving me wanting MORE!

Isn't that always a good sign?

Maybe you should keep going with this...you might just be on to something!

:)

Akelamalu said...

Sounds like a good one!

Attie said...

Love it!!! i can relate..cept for the potty mouth too many little ones around!!

Anonymous said...

hey - where's the fun of Alien without the thing popping out of your tummy?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

The wit is on the rampage as well, I think. You're fab.

the planet of janet said...

totally interested. let's put it in development right away.

i'll see you on the red carpet!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Got my ticket!

Sauntering Soul said...

I'm interested too! The plot is wide open. Sounds like it could lead to sequels too.

Karina said...

I'm intrigued for sure!

Irish Coffeehouse said...

I totally agree with "mother of this lot". It sounds very intriguing and spellbinding!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I'm in! ;)

Irene said...

I am interested, but I would have liked to have seen who would have been casted in your role and some of the other roles of the significant people in your life. Who is going to play you? This is very important!

When the movie is released, I will watch it with much interest and take copious notes so as to be prepared for any similar situations I may find myself in. I could you some help in the spunk department, for example.

Casting is the key issue, though!

laurie said...

NO NO NO NO NOT LENA HEADEY.

but some other gorgeous brunette.

keep going, RC. you have a quiet and rapt audience.

Irene said...

Hi RC, there is an ward for you over at my place.

the rotten correspondent said...

I left the casting off because who I want to play me and who should play me are polar opposites.

I would pick Emma Thompson, because I think the sun rises and sets with that woman. Except I'm not blonde. Or British.

In reality it should probably be someone like, oh...Catherine Keener? Sandra Bullock? Ru Paul?

the rotten correspondent said...

and I don't think I've ever heard of Lena Headey before. why does laurie not like her?

Kim said...

Lena Headey played played Sarah Connor in the Fox version of The Terminator whatever it was. I suspect Laurie developed some aversion to her from Ballykissangel.

I think she's lovely looking. Are you that young, RC? She was born in 1973.