Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday Update

I don't know why that last post is dated yesterday, when I did it this morning, but c'est la vie. It is now 10:30 and the MS walk is over. We ended up doing the three mile route and Surfer Dude was the first place finisher. He sprinted the last few blocks in a dead heat with a sixth grader and barely edged her out. He won a very spiffy camp chair and is pretty sure he's da man. He's on the sofa behind me complaining bitterly about how his legs hurt, but he's still clutching the camp chair. Gumby finished fourth, doing a large percentage of the walk with a donut in one hand and a bag of fritos in the other. There were rest stops along the way to replenish. Every now and then, for variety, he would switch hands. Sasquatch finished, slowed down considerably by the fight he picked with me. I guess all that arm flailing and jumping to conclusions took it out of him.
I felt pretty good at the end (pounding teenage headache notwithstanding) and was more relieved than I can say that the weather cooperated. The day is sunny and cool, with not a shred of snow. It did spit slush all night last night and it rained furiously, but no snow. Happy happy joy joy!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: