Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Intellectual Boomerang Gabbies




















It's Awards Sunday at casa de Rotten Correspondent. And today there are some very interesting awards to be discussed and passed out.


First up is the Dingo ll Award courtesy of willowtree at A Dingo's got my Barbie. For those of you who aren't familiar with willowtree and his oh so warped way of looking at things, this is an award for giving him an award. Now normally, an award from willowtree isn't something you'd really want. If you don't believe me, click here. Send the children and skittish animals out of the room first or be prepared to clean up the mess. Even giving him an award is problematic, since he erroneously assumes we do it just to see how he mutilates personalizes them in his own inimitable style. There are plenty of other reasons we pass awards his way. I just can't think of them right now.


He has a devoted group of followers whom he abuses on a regular basis (and who abuse him, now that I think about it) and yet we continue to go back for more. Why is this, you ask? Well, I hate to blow his cover (NOT) but he's really a hell of a nice guy under the dog loving dominatrix from down under persona he perpetuates. I say this carefully, as I've learned the hard way that if you say anything nice to or about him he makes you pay. Compliment him in comments at your own risk. Snark is his native tongue. Of course, sarcasm is mine. Bring it on, Peter.


And if anyone has any old Richard Simmons exercise videos they've finished using, send them my way. We're putting together a little goodie box for his exercise viewing pleasure regime .




Then there's laurie at Three Dog Blog who was still so dazed from all the massive quantities of alcohol fabulous hiking she enjoyed on her vacation that she gave me this Intellectually Stimulating Blog Award. I'm about as intellectually stimulating as ketchup on a doughnut, but who am I to argue with a woman who mistakes hush puppies for dinner rolls? Clearly, she's capable of just about anything. You're looking at the evidence.


I get to pass this on to three truly deserving bloggers and I'm going with


Jen at A Snowball's Chance...
Jo Beaufoix
Mya at Missing You Already

because each of them, in their own way, broaden my horizons and brighten my life.

Jen has given me a real education of radio production, song lyrics and the healing properties of Duke's Mayonnaise. She also provides a fresh look at Life In The South, which I've been too close to to really appreciate.

Jo has taught me that my inner craving for all things British is the right way to think after all. She has a lovely sense of putting things together, whether she's discussing rainbow poop or rampaging slugs. And I hope to never see those two things together in a sentence again.

Mya provides a window into life in France as seen through British eyes. This is fascinating enough, but oh my god, the swear words and slang I have learned from her boggle the mind. Naive that I am, I thought it pretty much started and stopped with bollocks and the like. I'm so proud to have been proven wrong. And I can't wait to use them on some unsuspecting git.

You don't get much more stimulating than that.

*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
Also, I fixed the Book Club and Babes "R" Us sidebars so that when you hit where it says Click Here, it actually works.

Maybe laurie was on to something after all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never purported to be anything other than a kind, sincere, pet rescuing humanitarian. It's all you bozos who just don't understand me that give me a bad name.

And my native tongue is Strine not Snark. humpff!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, thanks for the mention.

Akelamalu said...

I can't see your awards m'dear but congratulations anyway. :)

Flowerpot said...

no I couldnt see teh awards either - thought it was just me!

la bellina mammina said...

CONGRATS RC!

Istill need to join your book club when I can find a bit of me time. You'd think that quitting my job, I'd have more time....au contraire! :-(

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ooo congrats hon, and thank you so much for the award m'dear.
We intellectuals must stick together.
Sniff.

laurie said...

ok, i have just finished doing 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer. (this comment should go with the RC Health Club posting, but i'm too exhausted and sweaty to scroll down)

anyway -- and this is the really weird part-- i don't appear to be any skinnier!

have we been cruelly misled???

Iguana Banana said...

Congrats and hooray for all of the accomplishments. I really want to join Babes "R" Us... but that means I've got to put on some sort of athletic costume, right? Yikes! :-)

Mya said...

Hey RC, thanks so much for the award. I don't know if I should feel proud or ashamed? But if you say swearing and profanities in general are intellectually stimulating, who am I to argue? Tosser - there's another one for your Brit swearword lexicon (it means wanker - oops, there's another one just slipped out!)
Ta muchly!
Mya x