Sunday, November 9, 2008

needle in a haystack


Walking into my back yard today in the process of dragging in my usual $200 worth of food for the week , I happened to look down. There, in an enormous pile of leaves, was Surfer Dude's phone. On the brick walkway that we have all traversed many, many times since he lost it a week and a half ago. In the same back yard that was practically afloat a couple of days ago after a monumental rainstorm. Very near the spot where one of the dogs loves to do their business. I sighed mightily and took it in the house, knowing it was well beyond repair.


But I was wrong. I don't have a clue in the world how, but it works perfectly. It isn't even wet. How can this be? Is it like some cell phone survivor story? Where do I sell the movie rights?


Could it be that my technology luck is changing?

9 comments:

Maggie May said...

That was a bit of luck then and it still works! Incredible.
Love the leaves!

Jen said...

The cell phone elves took it for their own, pampered it, worshipped it, and returned it in exchange for some good deed you did recently. It's the only explanation.

Cath said...

It certainly COULD mean that your technology luck is changing.

Or that Surfer Dude actually had the phone in another pocket all this time and by some freak accident, it fell out onto the path only hours before.

Whichever - I'd count my blessings for not having to buy a new one!

aims said...

Ta Da!

Akelamalu said...

Sometimes things turn up in the most unexpected places don't they. I'll never forget when MWM lost his wedding ring - the postman found it on the pavement outside our gate!

Iota said...

Love the leaves - beautiful!

Lulu LaBonne said...

This is the way the FBI plant their bugs these days - they put the phone back in your drive and hid back in the hedge when they saw you coming.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hee hee, I would go and see that film. Maybe it was meant to survive for a higher purpose??

Tiggerlane said...

Hooray! Like a gift from the heavens! It's little things like this that make me smile, and think that life isn't ALL a bunch of crap!