Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Thursday Three


This time it's back for good. I promise. (If you hate T3 I promise to make it up to you the other six days of the week. Well, I promise to try. I hate making promises I can't keep). But I've missed doing this, so...back to the drawing board. If anyone has ideas for future topics, give me a shout. I'm always looking for ideas.


Hmmm. What should we talk about? How about



Three Things I Should Have Done This Week (but didn't)



The problem here is going to be narrowing it down to three. There's so many to choose from.



#1. Get the cast off of Surfer Dude's arm.
I told him the appointment was today, but then I looked at my calendar and realized it was next week. He was really disappointed because he's seriously ready to get rid of this thing. (So am I. He's still coming in to my bed at night sometimes, and you haven't lived until you've had a hard plaster cast flung across your face in the middle of the night).

Imagine my dismay when we got a call today from the Ortho office wanting to know where we were. The appointment was today after all. Oops.



#2. Make an appointment to discuss taking out Gumby's tonsils.
He actually came up to me and asked me if we could do this, and I know it's a good idea. He has never had tonsillitis, but he's a mouth breather and he snores. He also smacks his food when he eats, which I suspect is because he can't breathe unless he does. The other two had theirs out when they were much younger, because they needed to. Their adenoids were huge. Well, he doesn't need to, but he really should while he's still young. But oh, how I hate the thought of actually doing it. Ugh.



#3. Buy long sleeved t-shirts for work.
I've been freezing at work lately and for some reason I only have one long sleeved t-shirt to wear under my scrubs. I went to Target the other day and picked up a couple in basic black, white and blue, but then I guess I put them down to look at something and walked out of the store without ever buying them. If I had half a clue, I'd be dangerous. At least I'm not hard to spot at work. I'm the nurse walking around with the warmed blanket around my shoulders. Aaahhh.



What did you forget this week?

14 comments:

ped crossing said...

What haven't I forgotten this week! I haven't had time to make a list, so only over the next few days will I figure it out.

#1 I forgot to get math tests ready for tomorrow.
#2 I forgot to go grocery shopping.
#3 I keep forgetting to switch the laundry. So I am perpetually running out of clothes.

Rudee said...

I forgot to do my laundry for my trip on Friday. When I remembered, I discovered the dryer just gave up the ghost. No heat.

I forgot to check my cell on Tuesday and discovered it was OFF the last 4 hours of my shift. I blogged about that one because I'm a bit embarrassed by it all.

I'm sure there's more, but I forget.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Do you know, I've been really good this week and I haven't forgotten anything.

I've remembered everything I need to do. Whether I've actulayy done them all is a different matter.

Potty Mummy said...

Let's see... pay the water bill. Claim the insurance back for the water leak by the front door. Get a new sense of perspective. Find a lock for the fridge door. Leave the chocolate in the supermarket.

Should I go on?

Iota said...

Um... there was something yesterday... but I can't quite remember what it was...

Marti said...

Let's see...

1. Return a mis-sized pair of jeans for Lu...still sitting in the Kohls bag downstairs - picked up the correct size, but all the tags were wrong

2. Grocery shopping - we are down to slim pickens as I type

3. with my walking boot, I keep forgetting it will take me longer to get places, so I am always late to things...(this is going on 4 weeks now)

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hmmmm. There are so many things.

1. Ring my friend Lou to arrange our night out tomorrow.

2. Erm, Bonfire night (it's a UK thing), we kind of missed that altogether.

3. This is the bad one, I forgot to give the gerbils water for a whole night. They srvived but I felt awful. Bad Jo.

Anonymous said...

Okay,
I haven't actually forgotten so much as put them off because I just can't seem to get my act together:
1. forgotten to talk to my husband about our relationship (this could be continual over the past 6 months, but I think about it every week)
2. forgotten to ask my daughter about her project for school: make Tut's tomb and exactly what that means and does she need help.
3. forgotten to do my reading for graduate school, although I did complete 1 project. I also am avoiding doing anything for an art show and sale that will happen right after Thanksgiving for which I am woefully unprepared.
I remembered, however, that I was running a Kids vote booth and got all those details taken care of, and remembered that my teenage son needed a lunch today to take on his field trip. Hah - I'm not a total loser.

Anonymous said...

If I could remember, then that I would have won half the battle.

-Ann said...

I'm thinking that I've done pretty well so far this week, but then I haven't had all that much to do.

I know how you feel about Gumby and the tonsils, but you'd seriously be doing him a major favour. Middle Brother didn't get his out when we were kids and ended up having to get them out when he was 27. I went to Ohio to take care of him and he was in absolute misery. It's so much easier to have it done when you're a kid.

Tiggerlane said...

Forgot three things myself:

1. Forgot to take the kiddo's pants to the dry cleaners for cleaning and altering.

2. Forgot that the kid had a test in a class, and did not harrass her to study.

3. Forgot to switch the clocks back at my office.

Daryl said...

I forget at least one thing a day but darned if I can tell you specifically what they were .. because I forget

:-Daryl

Where was I?

Akelamalu said...

What did I forget this week? I don't know I forgot! ;)

Irene said...

I forgot, one morning, that I am one hell of a nice woman and before I even had started making coffee I had started coming down on myself for all my past sins and all future sins I had not even committed yet. Very, very bad. I must remember not to do that anymore.