Thursday, November 27, 2008

a sigh of relief



Thanksgiving came a day early at chez RC, delivered by the mail lady.


My gas bill - the first since all of my weatherproofing efforts - came. I kid you not, my hands were shaking when I opened it.


Last year, the bill for the first month of heat - a month we were never warm - was right around $400.


This year, the bill for the first month of heat - cold outside, but oh so toasty inside - was...


$104.51.


I have a whole new appreciation for saran wrap.

14 comments:

Irene said...

Woo hoo, RC, good for you, that's going to make a difference this winter! Congratulations!

Jill said...

awesome!

A Mum said...

perfect. love that. think it's sign of growing older though? kind of thing that would thrill me and make my kids call me ''sad''. happy happy thanksgiving.

Susan said...

So I guess this means you are keeping the house. Yea!

Rudee said...

I have got to fetch me some saran wrap now too.

Maggie May said...

Lucky you!
Ours seems to be going up and up!

Not sure what saran wrap is.......

Pam said...

w00t! glad that's all sorted...everything else will just fall into place now, right? :)

Iota said...

Saran Wrap is cling film, Maggie May.

That's great RC. I think maybe the next step is to purchase a giant roll of the stuff, lie your boys down on the floor, and bind them up in it. Roll them round and round several times. Then do yourself. Then you wouldn't have to have the heating on at all.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the low bill...I'm waiting my snuggie to arrive in the mail...this place has high ceilings and electric heat.

ped crossing said...

Awesome!

lebanesa said...

Yay - that is a huge difference.
Good news

Kim said...

Excellent!

Tiggerlane said...

Great news! Must be empowering to know that your efforts made such a difference! WOOHOO!

Kaytabug said...

SWEET!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! This is AWESOME news!!!!