Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Gabbies and Six Degrees

Very shortly one of two things will happen. Either my head will get too big to fit through the door or all of you very nice award-giving people will decide that I'm more trouble than I'm worth and take your blog reading business elsewhere. I'm seriously hoping it will be the former. Heads fitting through the door are highly overrated anyway. But losing my blog buddies...now that would be a disaster!

From the wonderful and well-travelled la bellina mammina comes the

which I am thrilled to accept. And I'm playing it forward to...

Ciara at Ramblings and Whatnot
Iota at Not wrong, just different
Diana at Piffle
laurie at Three Dog Blog
Flowerpot Days

Because I think they are really thoughtful and have very interesting ways of looking at things that always make me think. It's so nice to have different perspectives on things, and they certainly provide that.


And from one of my bestest blog babes Jo Beaufoix is the


which evidently is intended to prove that it never hurts to be nice. It's to thank people for responding to posts and being encouraging and polite all around. I have a southern mother. Impolite isn't an option. She'd kick the grits out of me. Politely, of course.

I'm giving this to...

Swearing Mother
Pixel Pi at Motes & other small things
Diana at Piffle
laurie at Three Dog Blog
Flowerpot Days

Because I can always count on an encouraging word and nice comment from this bunch, whether it's on their blog as a response to a comment or as a comment on my own site. Or both. The urge to give this to willowtree just to see how he would modify the award to fit his site is almost overwhelming. But I'm resisting. This time at least.

My girdle is killing me and my mascara is running, so I guess I'm done. It seems like Awards Season is upon us again, doesn't it? I'm impressed with myself. I think I actually managed to hand out my awards before they cut away from me and went to a commercial break for feminine hygiene products.

Mwah!

*************************************************************************************
**************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************

Just to get everybody ready for tomorrow's movie post, let's play Six Degrees. I'm sure you've all heard of it. It started with Kevin Bacon, since he's been in so many movies with so many different people. The idea is to link one actor to another in six steps or less. Here's an example -

Adam Sandler to Winona Ryder

1. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates
2. Drew Barrymore and Demi Moore in Charlie's Angels
3. Demi Moore and Woody Harrelson in Indecent Proposal
4. Woody Harrelson and Keifer Sutherland in The Cowboy Way
5. Keifer Sutherland and Angelina Jolie in Taking Lives
6. Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder in Girl, Interrupted

Simple, huh?

Here's another not too awful one...

Link Michelle Pfeiffer to John Cusack in six steps or less.

On your mark, get set, GO!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey don't worry about it, I've already been awarded the Shoe Full of Flowers award. That reminds me, I need to fix it up a bit.

PS Congrats.

Kim said...

Michelle Pfeiffer and Renee Zellwegger in White Oleander;
Renee Zellwegger and Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire; Tom Cruise and Diane Lane in the Outsiders; Diane Lane and John Cusack in Must Love Dogs.

That was fun!

Flowerpot said...

Thanks, Correspondent - that's wonderful. Cheered me up no end! And I've actually made it to your blog for the first tiem in a few days. Technical problems still abound my end but good to catch up and many many thanks again! More cat blog today, will award blog tomorrow!

Jo Beaufoix said...

ooo don't think I know enough about those two to do this.

I loved John Cusack in Grosse Point Blank and Michelle Pfeiffer is gorgeous, but I'd need to really work at this one and I've not got time today.
If one comes to me I promise I'll add it but I'm not too hopeful.

Code word uzubqyz - something about a quizz ???

laurie said...

thanks very much! it's so cool you like my blog because yours has fast become one of my very favorite blogs and if it would make sense to shove the awards right back at you, i would.

it's also cool because i love flowerpot's blog, which i only found because you gave her an award too. (that cat of her is giving us all gray hairs.)

thank you!

laurie said...

ps when you say the name "john cusack" all thought goes out of m y head and i just see him standing there in the rain, holding that boom box over his head, a look of immense pain and hope mingled on his face. "say anything." that's all i know about john cusack.

Akelamalu said...

CONGRATULATIONS - aren't awards fun!

That six step thing sound very complicated to me, I'll have to think about it for a while (try 6 months).

la bellina mammina said...

Fun! And congrats to you!!! :-)

the rotten correspondent said...

willowtree - I cannot wait to see it all fixed up. Seriously.

kaycie - wow, you're good. It took me six steps-
Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney in One Fine Day
GC and Brad Pitt in Oceans 11
BP and Gwyneth Paltrow in Seven
GP and Michael Douglas in A Perfect Murder
MD and Charlie Sheen in Wall Street
CS and John Cusack in Being John Malkovich

flowerpot - so glad your technical issues are improving. and that Bussie is back!

jo - I think I may have picked too esoteric a Six Degrees. Although my dear Film Geek husband, who is off today, read my blog, did it in two steps and said "Oh COME ON! Challenge me!!" Sigh.

laurie - back at ya, babe. and yes, that cat is driving us all to the chardonnay. that scene in Say Anything is kind of an iconic movie moment, isn't it?

akelamalu - good lord, don't spend six months on that. Just give it to my husband and he'll figure it out in three seconds. This from the man who can't remember how old our kids are.

la bellina mammina - thanks to you! I really do appreciate it!

Swearing Mother said...

Hi,Rotten Correspondent, and thankyou very much - how great of you to give me this award, I am really pleased. When I started blogging I never realised what pleasure I would get from it. Will be round to collect ASAP (rather too much wine tonight to do it now, don't wanna drop it!).

Many thanks, once again.

Kim said...

Okay, tell us how hubby did it. I can't do it any quicker than four.

the rotten correspondent said...

Kaycie - he's at work but as soon as he gets back I'll ask him. He's such a know it all!

Happy in the Abyss said...

First of all...here is my Adam to Winona...

Adam in Click with Christopher Walker.

Christopher in Pulp Fiction with John Travolta

John in Broken Arrow with Christian Slater

Christian in Heathers with Winona Ryder

WHEW!

Michelle to John...OOH..I like this.
Michelle was in Dangerous Liasons with John Malokovich

John was in Con Air with John Malkovich.

DONE!

the rotten correspondent said...

kaycie - happy in the abyss is my sister-in-law and, as such is blood related to the Film Geek, as much as she wants to deny it. Right before she commented here she called me and said "AMATEUR!!!!"

So there is one way to do it in two steps, but my husband did it yet another way. Unbelievable.

Kim said...

I can't believe I didn't think of that one. I love both of those movies. Now I feel like the amateur! But I totally win Trivial Pursuit at my house, so I will have to console myself with that.

Iota said...

Don't think I thanked you for this. THANK YOU. Cheered me up.