Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Gabbies - The Late Show

I was having a fine old time yesterday checking what I call my "Buddy Blogs" until I got to Jen's site. She was handing out awards, which was not the problem. The problem was that as I was reading, I had this awful realization that three weeks ago when I was heading off on vacation, I promised that I would "play forward" awards that I had just received as soon as I got home. And then I completely forgot to do it. Oh, the awards are up on my blog, looking all cute and perky, but I never passed them on. I. Am. Not. Worthy.



So as I hang my head in shame, sure to see my name on some cyber bathroom wall, I'm going to start tossing out awards in the hope that you'll all have just as bad a memory as I evidently do. And then we can all forget I ever did this and move on past my gross ettiquette breach. Deal?


Disclaimer: For some reason hyperlink isn't working for me, so none of these sites actually link. However, they're all in the right column on my links under Fun Reads. Check them out if you haven't.


From the marvelous Jo Beafoix, who plain cracks me up, I received the







I am passing this along to...






Akelamalu at Everything and Nothing, because she has the most fabulous multi-media site I've seen. And also because I love pretty much everything she does on her blog.




Three Dog Blog. You can always tell the journalists. They hook you hard and then keep you that way. Great pictures and great writing.





Piffle. A relatively new find that I just love. Funny, thoughtful and with a sarcastic streak a mile wide. My kind of blog.





Flowerpot. Also a recent find that keeps me coming back for more. Beautifully done and grabs you by the heartstrings more than once.






And to Dumdad at The Other Side of Paris I'm giving the





because he makes you think all right. Through the tears of laughter streaming down your face, until you think you're going to choke. Remember what I said about the journalists. It's true again here.



And from the lovely Akelamalu I received the





award. You don't have to be no stinkin' dude to be a dude, dude. (I got called dude by the grocery bagger just yesterday, now that I think of it).



I'm giving this one to...



Jen at A Snowball's Chance In... because, well, she's awesome. And funny. And looks at things in the slightly warped way I crave. And because we've been through the blog trenches with pesky viruses and comment codes written in Vulcan code. Did I mention that she's awesome?



Jo Beaufoix - Her site has been down for a bit lately and I've felt terrible withdrawal pains. Every day I'd check hopefully and find nothing. A couple of days ago when it was back up I jumped out of my chair and yelled. That, my friends, is awesome.



Mya at Missing You Already - I hate to let her know how much I miss her with all of this gallivanting around she's doing, because it's entirely possible it will go straight to her head. Even knowing that, I have to admit that a day without Mya's outlook is a bleak one. So I'm going with Awesome. Only because no one has come up with a Slacker Award yet.





And there you have it. Can I just take this opportunity (now that I have the stage and before they cue the music and cut to a commercial) to say something to all of you? If anyone had told me six months ago how many amazing people would become part of my day because of blogging I'm not sure I'd have believed it. But you have andI do.



And I absolutely love it.



8 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

CONGRATS! I love your blog and how funny you areat times!;-)

Flowerpot said...

wow, thanks for that, correspondent. Am much honoured. Good start to Sunday!

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations you deserve it so much and I'm honoured that you have honoured me! Thankyou kindly. :)

Jen said...

RC, you're making me all weepy over my early morning coffee and croissant with Nutella.

You know you deserve every single one of those awards!

I know what you mean about meeting amazing people. It's funny how we all just sort of gravitate together. The best part for me is meeting women I get along with. I've always been friends with guys, but had few close friendships with women. It's great getting to know a bunch of women as warped (and at the same time different) from me.

code word: frvke

I think they stole that one from the Ikea catalog.

Diana said...

Awwwww....Shucks. Those nice things you said about me? Right back at you two fold. We Midwest transplants have to keep a sense of humor about us. So glad you found me!!!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahh thanks sweetie you are awesome too.
And I totally agree with the last bit.
You're all amazing and I'm so glad you're there.

laurie said...

hey! thank you! i'm not creative, i'm way too literal, but i'll take it with honor and gratitude.

you're the best.

i'm still in california. home tomorrow....

the rotten correspondent said...

I'm back from a day in the trenches and I have grits for brains at this point.

You are all fabulous! Thanks for such wonderful comments and for sticking around this crazy place!

Mwah!!!!