Wednesday, August 15, 2007

sweet dreams

Well, it's finally happened. I've had a stress dream about my blog.

I went to sleep last night in a state of massive brain fart and no real idea of what I would write about today. Usually I have some idea before bed and I let it evolve itself out in dreamland, when my thought process is all loosey goosey. But last night the brain wasn't cooperating and I went to sleep minus a plotline for today.

Then I had this dream...

I woke up this morning having overslept and needing to be at work. But it wasn't my current job, it was my old one, the one that had really started to get to me before I switched. When I got on the computer I couldn't get it onto Internet Explorer where (like the dinosaur my kids consider me to me) I keep all my favorites. They keep wanting me to go to Mozilla and I keep resisting. So I couldn't find my blog anywhere and hollered for the Film Geek to come and help me. He said to use the other computer, but we were never able to find it no matter how hard we looked.

Then I remembered that I was supposed to telephone a blog buddy who lives in the land of tea and crumpets. Do not ask me why - I have no idea. So I called her but just as she asked me to hold on a second I looked at the clock and realized that a) I still had no blog posted and b) I should have been peeling out of the driveway five minutes ago. I kept calling her name but she was still not back on the phone, so lacking other options I hung up.

So there I am running out the door to a job that was killing me with no blog posted and a blog buddy who I knew was going to be pissed (with good reason), and as I got in my car I dropped my bagel cream cheese side down on the driveway with a solid splat.

What the hell do you suppose all this means??

12 comments:

laurie said...

ah, the stress of daily posting.

this morning doug looked at the blog and said, "what is it with no new entries?" and he's right, i haven't posted anything since my mom posted a picture of a guy in a kilt and a poem she wrote.

her posting paralyzed me: what can be more interesting than a guy in a kilt and a non-scannable poem by an 80-year-old woman????

the pressure, the pressure.... i'm surprised i haven't had nightmares like yours.

Flowerpot said...

my husband's always having stress dreams like yours - but not about a blog! His are usually about running away somewhere. Perhaps you should have a break from blogging for a while?!!! Or just have a break!

the rotten correspondent said...

The blogging is one of the few things that keeps me sane. I think it was an anxiety dream about NOT being able to blog. I don't feel pressure to write, but I do get ticked off when my brain shuts down.

Maybe I was just stressed about the first day of school??

Altaglow said...

Let's think about this. Going back to your last Friday's blog entry and reading forward it seems like you've had enough things going on to cause a "blow a hole in the side of the submarine" dream. My bet is that with a few school days and some quiet private time under your belt you'll be roaring again!

Diana said...

See, this is why there are slackers, like me out here. It's been over a week since I've thrown up that last piece of crap I posted and who knows if I'll even get anything up tomorrow.

Don't fret. We'll be here. Just write whenever the hell you feel like it. It's for YOU to enjoy.

Dumdad said...

Stress dream ended up as an interesting post so no sweat!
Diana is right - don't fret, post when you want to and enjoy it.
Having said that, I must dash as I haven't posted for a while....

Jo Beaufoix said...

RC, I too stress about what I'm going to write sometimes.

And Mr B will say, 'just leave it today,' but I can't.

I've made a commitment to myself to post everyday.
I enjoy it, and it keeps me sane.

I want to write, so my blog is a way for me to get into the habit of writing everyday, and I need that.

It's been killing me having to blog out of my comfort zone at virb.

But on a brighter side, look what your head did?

You went to sleep wondering about what to post, you woke up with a post.

Hooray.

Omega Mum said...

It means you're obsessed. And probably quite a driven person. And that unfinished tasks nag at you all the time. But, hey, better obsess about a blog entry than where you're going to score the next batch of drugs. If it's any consolation, I also get blog stress. What will I write about, will anyone laugh, will they post. Is this comment getting a bit......?

Pam said...

r.c.-i got into the blogging world thru marmy. she invited me into this world when she tired of the gloomies, and frankly, i was tired of the gloomies as well. i go days and days w/o posting sometimes. mom not mum used to say my blog was like gambling. you click it-nothing, click-nothing, click-nothing lol

maybe your mind is always racing with thoughts and ideas...when it didn't, it stressed you into wondering why. i agree with dad-the stress/dream turned out to be a great post. tho i'm still trying to figure out what the bagel cream cheese side down might mean.

p.s. can i say that sometimes it's a relief to not think so much? i say relax and enjoy the break lol :)

Jen said...

I think it means you need to lay off the hot wings and hooch before bed. That's usually my problem when I have dreams like that. *grin*

Some days, I just don't have a gem to post. And I say "Screw it, they can't all be gems." And that's how some of the crap I write gets posted.

willowtree said...

Your subconscious is telling you that you should listen to you children and use Firefox (Mozilla).

Whenever I run out of things to say, I just do a post that says "I've run out of things to say", what really pisses me off is that those posts always get more comments than the ones I've sweated blood over!

the rotten correspondent said...

altaglow - from your mouth to god's ear.

diana - you are so not a slacker, but thanks for saying you'll stick around!

dumdad - see? you have the sickness too. Is there a med for us?

jo - You and I really do seem to do this for the same reasons. I've made myself the same commitment to write every day. One day you'll all be reading my grocery list. And I'm still trying on virb, it's just a little tricky for me.

omega mum - thanks for stopping by! Hope you come on back. I may (just possibly) have a little obsessive tendency going on. A very small amount, you understand. Riiight...

ciara - the gambling line cracked me up. Click. I think the bagel and cream cheese thing means I eat too much.

jen- hot wings and hootch?? girl, are you in the south or something??*grin*

willowtree - that has burned my ass in the past too, when you do something on the fly and that's what everyone comments on.

You're not gettng kickbacks from Mozilla, are you?? (see, even my subconscious is a computer doofus).